- High efficiency up to 97% in double conversion
- kW = kVA (pf 1) up to 40°C
- Transformer-free UPS
- Peak shaving
- Active Filter Mode (ACTIVE ECO)
- Colour LCD Touch Screen
- Full front access, back-to-back install
NextEnergy is the latest UPS series designed for mission critical applications. The three-phase UPS offers transformer-free double conversion technology VFI SS 111, with integrated the latest IGBT three-level design.
NextEnergy is designed to meet the power requirements of tomorrow, offering the highest efficiency in the market and low running cost. Thanks to the Efficiency Control System (ECS) NextEnergy also guarantees the highest levels of efficiency even at partial loads.
Its unity power factor and easy system upgrading make it the ideal solution for the business continuity of any IT application.
- Best-in-class performance: unity power factor (kW = kVA) and capability to supply capacitive loads (very common in most Data Centers) without any power derating up to 40 ° C obtainable thanks to the use of state-of-the-art technology and the selection of high quality and highly reliable components.
- Outstanding system efficiency up to 97% in ON LINE double conversion mode, increasing to 98.5% in ACTIVE ECO and 99% in STANDBY Mode.
- In order to guarantee the best operating level and lifetime of the UPS, particular attention was given to the automatic control of the fan speed which constantly adjusts to the specific load level, to the fan failure alarm and to the fan redundancy.
Smart Battery Management (SBM)
The battery is one of the most important parts of the UPS that ensures energy and therefore the correct operation in case of mains failure. NextEnergy includes all the latest features to extend the battery life and keep the battery working efficiently, as well as advising users about any potential problems.
The variety of charging methods and the smart control system allows the use of the most common type of battery and technologies available on the market such as VLRA, AGM, GEL, NiCd as well as lithium Ion batteries, supercaps and flywheels.
Operation without Neutral
NextEnergy can work with or without the neutral line (N). This is an important feature to reduce the TCO related to the distribution system, when the neutral line is created by an isolation transformer close to the load: for example, in the modern Data Centre, or where the neutral is not used at all. This allows reduced cost of the distribution arrangements.
The small footprint of the cabinet and complete front access for all maintenance activities, ensures maximum space for installation and service.
NextEnergy includes top and bottom cable entry as standard, removing the need for large and costly top entry cabinets, and ventilation is from the front to the top so no additional rear clearance required.
Maximum reliability and availability
NextEnergy UPS can be connected in parallel up to 8 units to increase the capacity or add redundancy (N+1).
Considering that a typical load can vary from 20 to 80%, the Efficiency Control System (ECS) function optimizes the operating efficiency of the entire system according to the power absorbed by the load. This ensures higher overall efficiency during all load conditions. Hot System Expansion (HSE) allows the addition of further UPS into an existing system, without the need to switch off the operational units or transfer them to bypass mode. This guarantees maximum load protection, even during maintenance and system expansion.
NextEnergy is equipped with a Touch screen 7” graphic color LCD display providing all the information on the UPS, measurements, voltage and current waveforms, operating states and alarms in many different languages.
The panel is used for the configuration and setting the parameters of the UPS with 3 levels of the security password based on the authorization level ensuring “actions based on skills/responsaility” policy.
Brochures and data sheets
New NextEnergy 500 kVA for ever larger data center and mission critical applications
Riello UPS expands the NextEnergy range with the new 600 kVA model.