Sentinel Dual (Low Power)
High efficiency and density.
Sentinel Dual is the new range of high density double conversion ON LINE UPS suitable for powering a wide range of devices such as servers, storage systems, VoIP telephony equipment, network and medical systems as well as industrial applications.
It is also ideal for powering and protecting Blade Server systems with high input power factor. At only 2U, Sentinel Dual is ideal for 19” rack cabinet installations. Sentinel Dual has a practical, modern design and includes several performance advantages over traditional ON LINE UPS. All developed by the Riello UPS research and development team. The newly-designed inverter is one of the best energy conversion systems on the market, with a 0.9 output power factor and 92% operating efficiency in ON LINE Mode. For business continuity applications requiring long battery runtimes, battery autonomy can be extended up to several hours using ER models fitted with more powerful battery chargers. With energy savings in mind, Sentinel Dual is also fitted with a shut-off button to reduce energy consumption to zero during prolonged periods of inactivity.
- Sentinel Dual can be installed as a tower or in 19” rack cabinets, by simply pulling out and rotating the display panel;
- Low noise (<40 dBA): can be installed in any environment thanks to its high frequency switching inverter and PWM load-dependent digitally controlled fan;
- Operation guaranteed up to 40 °C (the components are designed for high temperatures and are thus subject to less stress at normal temperatures);
- On Sentinel Dual models, the output sockets can be programmed to disconnect less critical loads during blackouts (EnergyShare function).
REDUCED MANAGEMENT COSTS
The UPS is highly flexible and easy to configure. Programmable functions can be set via software or manually via the front display panel. Sentinel Dual can be configured in the following operating modes:
- ON LINE: maximum load protection and output voltage waveform quality;
- ECO Mode: to increase efficiency (up to to 98%); allows you to select LINE INTERACTIVE technology;
- SMART ACTIVE: the UPS automatically decides the operating mode based on the mains power quality;
- STANDBY OFF: the UPS can be selected to function only when the mains power supply fails (emergency only mode);
- Frequency Converter: operation (50 or 60 Hz).
Sentinel Dual offers maximum flexibility for integration with all types of communication systems.
- Multi-platform communication for all operating systems and network environments: PowerShield³ supervision and shutdown software for Windows operating systems 10, 8, 7, Hyper-V, 2019, 2016, 2012, and previous versions, Mac OS X, Linux, VMWare ESXi, Citrix XenServer and other Unix operating systems;
- UPS Tools configuration and customisation software supplied as standard;
- RS232 serial port and opto-isolated contacts;
- USB port;
- Slot for communications boards such as Modbus/Jbus, TCP/IP-SNMP and relay contacts.
HIGH OUTPUT VOLTAGE QUALITY
- Even with non-linear loads (IT loads with a crest factor of up to 3:1);
- High short circuit current on bypass;
- High overload capacity: 150% by inverter (even with mains failure);
- Filtered, stabilised and reliable voltage (ON LINE double conversion technology (VFI compliant with EN62040-3) with filters for the suppression of atmospheric disturbances;
- Power factor correction: UPS input power factor close to 1 and sinusoidal current uptake.
HIGH LEVELS OF BATTERY RELIABILITY
- Automatic and manual battery test;
- Batteries are user replaceable without switching off equipment and without interruption to the load (Hot Swap);
- Unlimited extendible runtime using matching battery cabinets.
- Output voltage can be selected via software (220/230/240 V);
- Auto-restart when mains power is restored (programmable via software);
- STANDBY ON bypass: when the machine is switched off, it automatically goes into bypass and battery charge mode;
- Minimum load switch-off;
- Battery discharge warning;
- Start up delay;
- Total microprocessor control;
- Automatic bypass without interruption;
- Status, measurements and alarms available on standard backlit display;
- UPS firmware updating via PC;
- Input protection via resettable thermal switch (versions up to 1500 VA);
- Back-feed protection standard: to prevent energy from being fed back to the network;