SENTINEL POWER is the ideal solution for powering vital mission critical, sensitive loads such as electro-medical security applications in order to guarantee maximum reliability and availability.
The series includes 5kVA-6kVA single/single phase and 6.5kVA-8kVA-10kVA single/single phase and three/single phase models and uses double conversion on-line technology (VFI). The load is powered constantly by the inverter which supplies filtered, stabilised and regulated sinewave voltage.
Moreover, the input and output filters increase the immunity of the load against mains power disturbances and lightning strikes.
SENTINEL POWER is without doubt one of the best UPS systems on the market today thanks to the technology used, the features (selectable Economy Mode and Smart Mode) and the diagnostics offered (custom LCD display, RS232 and USB interfaces complete with Powershield³ software, EPO contact and slots for optional interface boards).
HIGH UPS RELIABILITY
• Full microprocessor control.
• No break static and maintenance bypass.
• Features guaranteed up to 40°C (the components are designed to operate at high temperatures and thus are subject to less stress at ordinary temperatures).
SELECTABLE OPERATING MODES
The operating mode can be programmed using the software or selected manually on the digital front panel display.
• On line Mode (VFI).
• Economy Mode: increases efficiency (up to 98%), and uses Line Interactive (VI) technology to power low priority loads from the mains supply.
• Smart Mode: the UPS automatically decides which operating mode to use (VI or VFI) depending on the quality of the mains supply.
• Emergency Mode: the UPS can be set to operate only when mains power fails (emergency only mode).
• Frequency converter Mode (50 or 60 Hz).
HIGH QUALITY OUTPUT VOLTAGE
• Even with distorting loads (IT loads with crest factor of up to 3:1).
• High short circuit current on bypass.
• High overload capacity: 150% on inverter, even when mains power fails.
• Filtered, stabilised and reliable voltage (double conversion on-line technology, VFI compliant with EN62040-3 specifications, with filters to suppress atmospheric interference).
• Rephasing of the load: UPS input power factor close to 1 with sinusoidal current absorption.
• The UPS can be connected to both single phase and three phase mains supplies.
• Output terminal board + 2 IEC plugs to power local equipment (computers, modems, etc.).
• Easy to move thanks to built-in wheels.
HIGH BATTERY RELIABILITY
• Automatic and manual battery tests.
• Low Ripple Current Discharge system “LRCD” to prolong battery life.
• Unlimited extendable runtime thanks to dedicated modular design Battery Boxes.
• Increased ride-through for mains failures up to 40ms (high hold up time) and for fluctuations in the input current ranging from 84V to 276V).
LOW IMPACT ON MAINS POWER
• Sinusoidal input current on single phase/single phase series.
• Filtered, stabilised and reliable current (double conversion on-line technology, VFI compliant with EN62040-3 specifications, with filters to suppress atmospheric interference).
• Advanced diagnostics: status, measurements and alarms available on the custom LCD display
• Very low noise level (<40dBA): for installation in any environment thanks to the PWM digitally controlled ventilation that is load dependent, and the use of an inverter with high switching frequency
(>20kHz, value above the audible range)
• Autorestart when mains power returns, can be programmed using software or the digital front panel display
• Emergency mode: the UPS can be programmed to work only when mains power fails (suitable for emergency lighting)
• Standard back feed protection: to avoid current being fed back into the mains system.
• Digital updating of the UPS (flash upgradable)
• Compatible with the Riello TeleNetGuard remote assistance system.
• Advanced, multi-platform communication for all operating systems and network environments: PowerShield³ monitoring and shut-down software included, for Windows 2008, Vista, 2003, XP; Mac OS X,
Linux, Novell and most popular Unix operating systems.
• RS232 serial port.
• Plug and Play connection.
• Slots for communication interface boards.